Department: Home Health
Work Schedule: Variable
Reports To: Home Health Administrator/Nurse
Amount of Travel Required: Daily
Positions Supervised: None
The home health aide provides routine personal cares such as bathing, dressing, grooming, etc. in the individual’s home.
The home care aide may perform a wide variety of duties as determined by the RN, individual, and primary caregiver. These duties will be transcribed to the home care aide plan of care. The home care aide will receive verbal instructions of the care plan prior to performing home care aide services and will be required to refer to the plan of care as written. These duties may include but not limited to:
- Personal hygiene
- Skin care
- Nail care
- Oral care
- Assist with elimination/peri care
- Catheter care
- Simple dressing change
- Assist with ambulation/transfers
- Range of motion
- Meal prep
- Light housekeeping
- Must be 18 years of age
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Valid driver’s license and car insurance
- CNA certificate on direct care registry with the State of Iowa recommended; but not required
- Current Mandatory Abuse Reporting for Independent Adult and Child or completed within the first 30days of hire.
- Current CPR (adult, child and infant) and First Aid or be completed within 90days of hire.
- Pass the Home Health Aide Competency test and skills competency (2 day training)
- Compete 12hrs of in-service per year (In the Know online)
- Follows HIPAA policy and regulations
- Comprehend reading and writing, write legibly
- Offer excellent customer service
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Flexible schedule
- Attends work on time
- Complete shifts as scheduled
- Adhere to agency absentee/tardiness policy
- Alerts scheduler of schedule changes
- Travel required
- Must have a smart phone with data.
- Must be able to log and document home health charting via phone application on personal phone.
Environments will vary – due to patient in home setting.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.